Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now with Blackjack! And Hookers! >:U

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

This Melody Was Meant For You, So Sing Along To My Stereo~. *shot*

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Frosty
Admin
Frosty

This Melody Was Meant For You, So Sing Along To My Stereo~. *shot* Empty
PostSubject: This Melody Was Meant For You, So Sing Along To My Stereo~. *shot*   This Melody Was Meant For You, So Sing Along To My Stereo~. *shot* EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 11:58 pm

Not good, not at all. High tail it back to the dorm- or something.

Perhaps she was overreacting- she knew she did that plenty of times. But now, she didn't even know why, but she was in the darkest of moods. Well, actually, she knew why. And that's why she thought she was overreacting. Because Nathaniel said they were only friends, didn't give her the right to freak out. And besides, those words weren't even uttered to her. He had been in conversation with Aravis- a girl Melody barely knew and assumed the same for him.
So, if she knew it wasn't a big deal, why did she pick up pace and turn into the courtyard, veering out of her direct path from the library to the dorm?
If she knew it wasn't a big deal, then why did she sprint over to a familiar tree- the one where she had sang at, knocking everyone around out, including Nathaniel? And then she drew a mustache on his face with Sharpie, but that's aside the point.
She balanced against the tree, her hands on her knees and looking down at the ground, panting. Then she slid down against the bark, before grabbing her knees and hiding her face as she let out silent sobs. Pathetic, Melody. Seriously, what has gotten into you?

Honestly, she didn't know.
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

PostSubject: My heart's a stereo, it beats for you so listen close~ /shot   This Melody Was Meant For You, So Sing Along To My Stereo~. *shot* EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 12:36 am

Quietly, Nate set the piano's fall down, covering the keys. He rested elbows on the smooth boards and buried his face in his hands. The entire library had left now, only he had remained to finish his songs for the evening. If he glanced out the window, he could see that it was sunset. The bright light was still shining through, but the stars were slowly taking over the sky. The young man wasn't sure what was going on, only knowing that he felt like complete and utter crap, and that these emotions were not his own; otherwise being in a fine mood. It didn't make any sense to him, though; If there was no one around, there were to feelings to pick up on, right?
Nathaniel sat back up a little miserably and grabbed his things, shutting off the light and heading out into the hallways, the feelings were already getting worse. 'What is wrong with me?', he shook his head and starting to head back to his dorm, figuring he could sleep the strangeness off. The more he thought about it, though, the less strange it seemed. Things like this had happened before in the past few days, not random depression, but strong bouts of happiness or boredom. He thought to go find the source. Nate paused and focused, turning his head to the courtyard after a few moments.
He rushed down the stairs and walked out the nearest door, trying to keep the bag at his side from making to much noise. Nate spun a few times, scanning the area. Seemingly no one was here, ... but then why after stepping in here he near felt like bursting into to tears? He kept taking deep breathes, focusing and keeping himself in a reserved state. And then he found her.
Nathan walked up slowly on the soft grass, wondering if she'd even notice if he were there, stopping when he was a few feet away. "M- Melody?" He called out to her quietly, his voice cracking slightly. He was still trying to stay calm, but her emotions were so overbearing. What happened? What was wrong with her?
Back to top Go down
http://beataacademy.forumotion.eu
Frosty
Admin
Frosty

PostSubject: Re: This Melody Was Meant For You, So Sing Along To My Stereo~. *shot*   This Melody Was Meant For You, So Sing Along To My Stereo~. *shot* EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 12:51 am

Melody froze. No... Not now... She had a split second of hope that if she didn't move a muscle, he may ignore her and walk away. Then she thought better of it. In fact, if she didn't move, he'd probably be more worried. Her body had been shaking before, she hadn't noticed until she stopped moving.
Great, what was she suppose to tell him? That it was all his fault? Spill her heart out to him? Forget momentarily about his empathetic ability, she swallowed. Not trusting her voice, she looked up slowly from her arms, still concealing most of her face in the shadows. She put on a questioning facade, as if asking, What? What do you want?
Her eyes were red- a pinkish color against the crimson. Her face was red as well, but she hoped that her arms and the shadow did enough to conceal that.
Then she saw him, and honestly, he looked just as miserable as she did. "Yes?" She forced out one word, but it was cracking like his own. Concern immediately colored her eyes, concern for his state.
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

PostSubject: Re: This Melody Was Meant For You, So Sing Along To My Stereo~. *shot*   This Melody Was Meant For You, So Sing Along To My Stereo~. *shot* EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 1:24 am

Nathaniel simply stood there looking down at her, noticing she had stopped shaking. She was surprised to see him? She must not have heard him approach at all, then. Without saying a word, Nate took a few steps closer to her, getting down on his knees; it allowed him to get a better look of her. To say the least, if his power's hadn't have him feeling bad before, her appearance at the moment would have torn him. Even in the dim light in wasn't hard to tell that her face was blushed and tear-stained; there was a dullness brought to her eyes that he couldn't help but notice. She didn't seem all that happy to see him, that was obvious, and she sounded terrible. The dark mood hung on Nate, he could practically feel it the depression pressing down on his entire body.
He didn't see any sign of her letting up, that is, until she talked. "What... what's happened to you?" The words stumbled out as he shook his head in disbelief. He reached out one hand to touch her shoulder, but stopped himself, unsure of how she'd react.
Back to top Go down
Frosty
Admin
Frosty

PostSubject: Re: This Melody Was Meant For You, So Sing Along To My Stereo~. *shot*   This Melody Was Meant For You, So Sing Along To My Stereo~. *shot* EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 1:34 am

Melody glared at his finger, as if his touch would burn her skin. Dammit Mel, he didn't do anything. This is all your fault. She was getting pretty tired of that voice in her head, nagging at her all the fucking time. She shook her head in return. A lump grew in her throat, and she swallowed. "Nothing." She mumbled, a little bitterly. Stop this, stop it Melody. Just stop. She started trembling again, as if she'd begin sobbing any second. This was how she coped with everything- keep it all in until it flooded out like a dam. So if she was to tell him what was wrong, where would she start? Her family? Her problems in school? The fact that she had made about three friends since she got here, one who probably hated her now, Happy, - the other standing in front of her, concern showing blatantly on his face. Or the fact that Nathaniel only thought of her as a friend, when she had been fooling herself into thinking there was something more?
Without realizing it, a tear feel from her left eyes, rolling down her cheek. She didn't bother wiping it away, it was to late now to hide anything.

Stop it.
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

PostSubject: Re: This Melody Was Meant For You, So Sing Along To My Stereo~. *shot*   This Melody Was Meant For You, So Sing Along To My Stereo~. *shot* EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 1:53 am

He drew his hand back and clenched it into a fist, pressing it softly against the ground; he looked down and nodded softly to himself, as if agreeing it weren't a good idea. He wasn't what sure of what to do or say, though. Why the obvious hostility? Was she mad a him? Nathan simply sat there quietly, letting the silence pass over them, trying to think about what he could do. He remembered days when his mother was like this, when his parents fought; he always wanted to help but never knew how, so he simply hid in his room and waited for things to be normal again, though they never really were. He didn't want to do that, he wanted to be there for Melody.
Nate watched as a small stream started to roll down the side of her face, her body shaking again. "Mel, you don't have to lie to me." The words came out lowly. Dare risking it and bringing his hand forward again, he gently brushed a few bangs out of her face and wiped away the tear, though his own eyes were starting to water. 'Just don't cry, please?'
Back to top Go down
Frosty
Admin
Frosty

PostSubject: Re: This Melody Was Meant For You, So Sing Along To My Stereo~. *shot*   This Melody Was Meant For You, So Sing Along To My Stereo~. *shot* EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 2:09 am

Melody looked up, a little bit of longing in her eyes. She wanted so bad to be able to jump into his arms, and for him to hold her and tell her it was alright. But she wouldn't over step a line that wasn't to be crossed.
She cringed a little, but didn't move as he pushed the tear away from her face. Instead, she reached up with one hand, almost grabbing his, before pulling away, looking down. If it was possible, her mood darkened more, this time with bitterness, not despair.
"I'm not lying. It's just- I, well- you..." She shook her head. "It doesn't matter. I'm fine." She insisted, though her voice broke. The redness of her face, the dullness of her eyes, the obvious tear and dismal personality didn't do much in her defense. She looked into his eyes, finding- "Nate." She said, her voice soft. "Don't cry. Really, I'm fine. No need to worry." She insisted, her tone pleading as she turned her attention from herself to him. That was how she coped, too. Focusing on everyone else, try to help them, instead of searching for help herself.
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

PostSubject: Re: This Melody Was Meant For You, So Sing Along To My Stereo~. *shot*   This Melody Was Meant For You, So Sing Along To My Stereo~. *shot* EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 2:41 am

Nathaniel almost flinched as she pulled away from his touch, catching on immediately. So, she really was upset with him. He didn't say anything, instead sitting down and crossing his legs, getting a little more comfortable; no, there was no chance that he was going to leave any time soon. He frowned at her words, shaking his head again. "Just stop, would you?" The words were forceful, but easily mellowed with the plea laced within. Nate wasn't even sure why she bothered to try and defend herself that way, when she was clearly anything but. "You're not okay. How do you think I found you?" He asked her, suddenly realizing he was just figuring out the answer to that same question himself the same moment the asked it. He brought his hand up, rubbing the side of his head. He stayed quiet for a few moments longer, his golden eyes blinking slowly at Mel as he tried to keep calm. "I have to worry... please?"
Back to top Go down
Frosty
Admin
Frosty

PostSubject: Re: This Melody Was Meant For You, So Sing Along To My Stereo~. *shot*   This Melody Was Meant For You, So Sing Along To My Stereo~. *shot* EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 2:53 am

Melody pouted a little, not replying, but instead looking down to face the grass. She absentmindedly tour at it, probably giving Irene a heartattack somewhere. Then she jerked up, surprise on her flushed face. She didn't think much of it, but somewhere in the back of her mind she complained about looking like crap. "How did you find me?" She demanded. She could have cried in peace if he hadn't showed up at her pity party.
After a moment of silence, she spoke again. This time in a quiet, but still forceful voice. She sniffled a little, looking away. "What are we?" She demanded, summoning up every ounce of courage she had. She couldn't go any longer without the truth- it would hurt less if he told her straight up that they were nothing. She tried not to hope for the better outcome.
Melody didn't looked up as she vigorously tour at the grass, with a slight scowl.
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

PostSubject: Re: This Melody Was Meant For You, So Sing Along To My Stereo~. *shot*   This Melody Was Meant For You, So Sing Along To My Stereo~. *shot* EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 3:34 am

He couldn't answer her first question, unsure exactly of how to put it into words that didn't sound too strange, at least in a moment like this. "I could feel you hurting." Nate answered quietly, "Even from across the campus." He tried to keep himself in a solemn state, already having picked up on her sadness, he didn't want to share in her anger as well; that would only make things a great deal worse. And, as sad as it was, he couldn't reply to her second question either. Or, he could, but not like this. Not in the state she was in... and surely not by the hand of an ultimatum. "I thought it's been kinda obvious." Nathan answered slowly, trying to choose his words carefully, "How close we are, I mean..." His mind flickered back to that first night he had to spend in the infirmary, his words a little quote. Nate's eyes flickered back to Melody, who was making the earth guardian cry somewhere. Is that what this whole thing was about?
Back to top Go down
Frosty
Admin
Frosty

PostSubject: Re: This Melody Was Meant For You, So Sing Along To My Stereo~. *shot*   This Melody Was Meant For You, So Sing Along To My Stereo~. *shot* EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 2:31 pm

Melody frowned. She knew about his powers, and understood that there was limits. Range being one of them. Mel knew that he was only able to feel those closely around him, definitively not from across campus. That was to much of a distance. She shook her head, refusing to believe that. "That's impossible." She stated calmly, as if dismissing it. But a part of her wondered if it was possible... Who was she to doubt what others were capable of? "... right?" Uncertainty twined into the girl's voice.
After that, she looked into his golden eyes. Her gaze was a little blank, as if she didn't understand, or believe. I thought so too.
His next statement caught her off guard, and she toke a shaky breath and closed her eyes, trying to find the right word. "But... What is this?" She asked, pointing at him and herself, a fierce look on her face as she opened her eyes, unusual for the fairly calm girl.
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

PostSubject: Re: This Melody Was Meant For You, So Sing Along To My Stereo~. *shot*   This Melody Was Meant For You, So Sing Along To My Stereo~. *shot* EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 3:45 pm

Nate shook his head, smiling a little at the situation, though it was mostly hollow. "No, actually, it's not," he told her, sighing and moving. He leaned back against the tree next to her, keeping silent a few seconds as he thoughtfully rehearsed everything he'd say. "I'm kinda... well, hooked on you. So no matter where you are, ..." Yeah, he didn't know how to go on. The words didn't come out as smoothly as they had in his head. He stared off into the distance for a moment before glancing back at her. It'd be far harder to answer that question than try to give her an explanation for the whole link thing.
He frowned a little, "Well, you're a pretty little flower and I'm a busy little bee~." unsure of how to answer, or more so if he even could. "Melody," he sighed again, looking into her crimson eyes. They were demanding, but they were also still blood shot from her crying. "I want you to be my girlfriend."
Back to top Go down
Frosty
Admin
Frosty

PostSubject: Re: This Melody Was Meant For You, So Sing Along To My Stereo~. *shot*   This Melody Was Meant For You, So Sing Along To My Stereo~. *shot* EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 9:03 pm

Melody turned to look at him as he toke his place by her. Her gaze was wary, and she kept her shoulder from touching his own. "Hooked, as in..? So wait, you can like... Know how I'm feeling, anytime?" If she wasn't so surprised, she'd probably be a little upset about it all. It felt like a total violation of her privacy, especially since she tried so hard to hide her emotions. But now Nathaniel could read her anytime, anywhere? It was bad enough he could know whenever she was close! She looked down at her hands a moment, before turning back to him, interrupted by his words.
If she had been surprised before, now she was struck speechless. Melody honestly didn't know what all she felt at the time- the feelings just all overwhelmed her. Joy, disbelieve, awe, ect. Like that, the grief and bitterness vanished, replaced by confusion. "Wh- what? Like, as in... girlfriend? Or like.. Wha?" The girl usually would have retorted with a quip back, along the lines of, Finally. Toke ya long enough. With a roll of the eyes, but now she was simple awestruck.
Nice job Nate, you broke her again. Get the duct tape, Ebs. D8
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

PostSubject: Re: This Melody Was Meant For You, So Sing Along To My Stereo~. *shot*   This Melody Was Meant For You, So Sing Along To My Stereo~. *shot* EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 11:08 pm

He nodded slowly, "Pretty much." As far as he understood, anyways. His power was a very old one, ancient maybe; he had been told once when there was someone in their life that they truly cared deeply for, a link would be formed, usually without even knowing it, so if ever the person they cared about were in danger... or otherwise, they'd know and could go help. Or that was just total bullshettery Eb made up on the spot just to make the post longer. shaddap. He stared down at the ground, rubbing his arm with half a mind, taking small relief in the fact that the depression was lifting. It cheered him up a bit; even more so when he felt all the jumbled mix of emotions come crashing in. He smiled, brighter this time around. "As in you and me... together?" He pointed to himself, and then her, just as she had done before.
-grabs the ducttape- |3
Back to top Go down
Frosty
Admin
Frosty

PostSubject: Re: This Melody Was Meant For You, So Sing Along To My Stereo~. *shot*   This Melody Was Meant For You, So Sing Along To My Stereo~. *shot* EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 11:56 pm

Melody frowned a moment, but it was replaced by a smile she tried to hide. "Don't mock me, Wright." She warned, with a small laugh. This really wasn't what she expected. Considering the main reason she showed up here crying in the first was this exact topic, and now things were taking a turn for the freaking amazing. She slowly regained her confidence, and used the line from the post before. "Well, finally. It toke you long enough to ask. I honestly giving up hope." And though she was joking, the words were also a little honest themselves.
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

PostSubject: Re: This Melody Was Meant For You, So Sing Along To My Stereo~. *shot*   This Melody Was Meant For You, So Sing Along To My Stereo~. *shot* EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 12:35 am

Nathaniel shrugged his shoulders, an innocent look on his face. "You think I'm messing with you -- I'm not!" His golden eyes started to glow again at the sound of her laughter, even though it was still small and tucked away. He glanced back out to the rest of the courtyard. By now everyone had headed inside and the sun had near disappeared. His gaze flickered back at Melody, "You just needed to wait a little." Nate chimed. This wasn't at all how he imagined it'd be when he finally had asked; he wanted it too be planned out and nice, a pleasant surprised... But as long as she was happy, he supposed that was good enough for him. "So, that's a yes, then?" Nate smiled, holding his arms open for her, hopeful.
Back to top Go down
Frosty
Admin
Frosty

PostSubject: Re: This Melody Was Meant For You, So Sing Along To My Stereo~. *shot*   This Melody Was Meant For You, So Sing Along To My Stereo~. *shot* EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 2:34 am

Melody turned her head, composing herself for a moment. She looked up, at the setting sun, at the stars just appearing in the purple and blue sky. The moon was fairly full, but coming close to half. She leaned her head back on the tree, eyes closed. ".. Of course it is." She murmured, with a shake of her head, opening her eyes. "Duh." She smiled and turned to face him. Seeing his outreached arms, her grin grew and she leaned forward, wrapping her arms around his neck.
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

PostSubject: Re: This Melody Was Meant For You, So Sing Along To My Stereo~. *shot*   This Melody Was Meant For You, So Sing Along To My Stereo~. *shot* EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 5:16 pm

Nate near started beaming, bring his arms back down and wrapping them around her; he kept her close, having to lean over her a little to keep the two of them from falling over. He smiled, his face close to hers, "I hated seeing you so miserable." The words were quiet, noting the evidence of how she had felt was still on her face. Gently, he brushed his lips on her forehead and gave her a light kiss. "Don't try and lie to me anymore, alright?" If she needed to spill out now and then, that was alright with him, he would be there for her; but he didn't want her trying to hide away when he knew she was hurting. She could promise him that, right?
Back to top Go down
Frosty
Admin
Frosty

PostSubject: Re: This Melody Was Meant For You, So Sing Along To My Stereo~. *shot*   This Melody Was Meant For You, So Sing Along To My Stereo~. *shot* EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 11:50 pm

Melody let out a small sigh, looking up at the sky. It was a dark, dark blue with stars shining bright in contrast. "Alright..." She said, a little uncertain. She hadn't been lying- oh wait, yes she had. She had said she was alright. But that wasn't lying in Melody's book, or, at least not a big deal. It, to her, only meant she didn't want to be worried about. Because honestly, she was much more content worrying about others. "But... I'm not really into.. like, talking about my problems. But you'll be invited to any pity parties I have, kay?" She murmured, tilting her head with a tiny smile.
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

PostSubject: Re: This Melody Was Meant For You, So Sing Along To My Stereo~. *shot*   This Melody Was Meant For You, So Sing Along To My Stereo~. *shot* EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 1:41 am

Nate smiled and nodded at her, "Good." He had said, satisfied that she agreed. She didn't sound all too confident about it, but he made a silent little promise that moment; one of these days, he'd wash away all her uncertainty. "Try not to think of it like that, though." He said, finishing the subject. Nate let out a small, playful smirk, "Come on, let's go wash your face." Since they were linked together the way they were, what he had in mind shouldn't have been that difficult. Nate took a moment to lift Melody off of her feet and swept his arms under her legs, bringing her up with him as he stood up.
Back to top Go down
Frosty
Admin
Frosty

PostSubject: Re: This Melody Was Meant For You, So Sing Along To My Stereo~. *shot*   This Melody Was Meant For You, So Sing Along To My Stereo~. *shot* EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 2:22 am

Melody let the topic pass, thankful. Her arms still around his neck, she laughed as she was picked up in said fashion. She frowned a moment, putting on a pout. Her face was still pink, but returning to it's normal color, as were her eyes. "What, you don't find cried-out attractive?" She gave a childish frown, but a smile showed in her eyes, mood playful.
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

PostSubject: Re: This Melody Was Meant For You, So Sing Along To My Stereo~. *shot*   This Melody Was Meant For You, So Sing Along To My Stereo~. *shot* EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 4:04 am

Nathaniel smiled and started walking off the grass and twords the building, pausing at the realization of carryimg her this particular way for some time would prove tiresome, and maybe a little awkward; So, he let one arm loose and swung her light body around, switching to a more cradled way to carry her. "Well, I have to admit, it isn't one of your best looks." he teased her back lightly, catching her gaze
Back to top Go down
Frosty
Admin
Frosty

PostSubject: Re: This Melody Was Meant For You, So Sing Along To My Stereo~. *shot*   This Melody Was Meant For You, So Sing Along To My Stereo~. *shot* EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 11:44 am

She didn't care how he held her, especially because no one was out, and also because it felt good to be carried like this. Her scowl deepened, and she tried to look mad. "I don't know what you're talking about. I should shoot for this look more often. I mean, look where it got me..." She trailed off a bit, looking down and up, a questioning smile on her face.
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

PostSubject: Re: This Melody Was Meant For You, So Sing Along To My Stereo~. *shot*   This Melody Was Meant For You, So Sing Along To My Stereo~. *shot* EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 9:48 pm

"I know," Nate sighed melodramatically. "I had planned it all out, though. You shouldn't wear the look too often. Why? Because at this rate we'll leave Beata and your name will be Melody Wright." Sarcasm about the subject aside, for a guy that went around trying to charm the ladies left and right, this did seem pretty fast for him; but he supposed it could work out, it'd just take some getting used too. Failpost;_;
Back to top Go down
Frosty
Admin
Frosty

PostSubject: Re: This Melody Was Meant For You, So Sing Along To My Stereo~. *shot*   This Melody Was Meant For You, So Sing Along To My Stereo~. *shot* EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 1:15 am

Melody let out a small, melodramatic gasp. "How ever will I survive with such a price?" She said, resting her hand over her eyes. Laughing, she looked up, catching his gaze. "What was the plan?" She asked, curious and a little more serious now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This Melody Was Meant For You, So Sing Along To My Stereo~. *shot*   This Melody Was Meant For You, So Sing Along To My Stereo~. *shot* Empty

Back to top Go down

This Melody Was Meant For You, So Sing Along To My Stereo~. *shot*
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next